- the same possessions
- made by people doing identical things
- with identical machines.
- There’s a price to equality. The way our lives have to become extensions of the production line.
- We work together
- we holiday together
- we sit in the same traffic jams
- we wear the same clothes
- we live in the same house
- we drive the same car
- we have the same ambitions.
- Nothing that I own is unique.
- That’s the price of watching the clock.
“America is a democracy of common possession”
Nor would there be such an emphasis on mass culture. I guess the internet really has changed things.