- The shape of the continents depends on the global temperature. (Cold locks ice in polar caps.) Google “Morse theory”.
- The price of housing always rises, until it doesn’t.
- You develop a system of habits to discipline yourself; maxims for self-motivation; then the working world changes on you. Loyalty is no longer rewarded. Hard work is less valued than the ability to make
- For years the normal trading range of [insert spread, instrument, or security] is
X, until one day sufficiently many (external) parameters shift. The market changes and you see a 20-sigma event. Heroes only.
- Whoever coded your profile website (
tumblr), wrote a
routethat takes a
stringas parameter. Entering the name isomorphismes into this function fetches this webdata. Entering your name fetches your webdata. All part of one and the same formula.
- The Lotka-Volterra equations of a large ecosystem, dancing as the sliders shift around in their hypercube. Death and life hang in the balance. And it’s literally a balance. If the fulcrum moves so far that the lever hits the ground, a species will either become extinct or overpopulate the ecosystem (like an algal bloom)—either phase change being irreversible. (Er, at least anti-entropic.)
- You think you know yourself, until you step into a new context—new country, new career, new city—and latent aspects of you become dominant.
Who was I before? If I was her then and am this now, what is the underlying me?
Self as a function of circumstance. Perhaps just as constant at root, but reactive; responsive; springy; primed for change.
Posted on Friday, 10 February 2012
- glennspiro-taichi likes this
- organic-bamford likes this
- mathworks-hedge likes this
- tvshowbiz likes this
- nickthejam likes this
- lumpnode likes this
- the-differentiator reblogged this from isomorphismes
- bparramosqueda reblogged this from isomorphismes
- timalakia likes this
- jurassic-park0ur likes this
- aiaiaisyah reblogged this from isomorphismes
- inuyasha420 reblogged this from isomorphismes
- v3ktr likes this
- faintedtowers likes this
- matryushka likes this
- jvonneumann likes this
- upupandrighthere reblogged this from isomorphismes
- logicianmagician likes this
- isomorphismes posted this